RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunication Operators Board (RCC TIOB)
The Telecommunication and Infocommunication Operators Board was created in 1997 and united the largest telecommunication companies of the countries of the RCC members-states.
The unification of the telecommunication operators of the Commonwealth States into the Board made it possible to establish close interaction and coordination of the development of telecommunication networks at the national and interstate levels.
At the initial stage, telecommunication operators jointly managed to solve an important problem - to ensure the stable functioning of telecommunication networks of the RCC member-states under decentralized network management, as well as lay the foundation for their further harmonious development based on the latest infocommunication technologies.
Significant achievements of that period were the transfer of organization of communication with the CIS states to international principles of interaction and streamlining of mutual settlements between operators, which had a positive impact on the development of the industry and the increase in the volume of telecommunication services in the region.
Currently, taking into account new trends in the development of the telecommunications market in our countries, the composition of the Operators Board has expanded significantly. Along with national telecommunication operators, it includes new fixed-line operators and large mobile companies.
The RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunications Operators Board pays special attention to the introduction of new high-tech services, increasing the stability and reliability of the functioning of telecommunication networks in international areas, solving the problem of managing the quality of telecommunication services, ensuring information security, etc.
The RCC Telecommunications and Infocommunications Operators Board plays an important role in making informed decisions regarding improving the information and communication infrastructure, developing strategic plans for the implementation of NGN, developing broadband access technologies on networks that ensure convergence of services for high-speed transmission of video, voice and data.
RCC TIOB Tasks:
- Coordination of the operation and development of primary communication networks, networks and automated telephone services, networks and documentary services, data networks, distribution systems for sound and television broadcasting programs, mobile networks.
- Discussion of the problems of the development of intelligent communication networks, wireless data networks, the introduction of modern information and communication technologies.
- Interaction on the development of technical means of infocommunications.
- Interaction on issues of operational and technical management of communication networks in interstate directions, including in emergency situations.
- Optimization of commercial and technical conditions of interaction between operators. Improving the principles and discipline of mutual settlements between operators for the provision of services.
- Exchange of experience on the formation of tariff policies.
- Interaction of operators in the field of ensuring information security of interacting communication networks.
- Coordination of work on the problems of managing the quality of communication services in accordance with the requirements of the market for services and users.
- Organization of joint development and submission to the Board of the RCC CAs Heads for consideration of proposals to improve existing and create new regulatory documents on the technical operation of communications and on the operational and technical management of communications networks in interstate directions.
- Interaction in solving systemic network issues.
- Interaction on the development and implementation of new types of international services.
- Interaction on issues of training, retraining and advanced training of personnel.
- Organization of conducting research projects of mutual interest and funded jointly to develop concepts, guidelines and guiding technical documents that ensure mutually beneficial development and use of communication networks and services in the RCC telecommunications space.
- Coordination of the main activities of the RCC TIOB and its Working Groups.
- Participation in the preparation and discussion of issues at meetings of the Board of the RCC CAs Heads.
- Development of coordinated positions of the participants of the RCC TIOB on the issues of information communications considered by international organizations.
- Periodic informing the Board of the RCC CAs Heads about the work of the RCC TIOB.
- Regular exchange of information on regulatory documents on ICT implemented on communication networks, indicating the possibility of their acquisition and distribution on the operator’s network.
- Promoting the introduction of new information and communication technologies and services, expanding the interaction of participants in the market of information and communication services.
- Taking part in the development of concepts for the development of existing and prospective communication networks, the market of information and communication services.
- Participation in the discussion of the organization of the release of the radio frequency spectrum for the deployment of promising communication networks and the introduction of new radio technologies.
- Interaction on the preparation of proposals to improve the efficiency of the use of the radio frequency spectrum and other limited resources in the field of infocommunications.
- Participation in the development of recommendations on the principles and forms of settlements between telecommunication operators and other organizations operating in the field of infocommunications.
- Organization of work on information and methodological support for the activities of RCC participants in the field of development of information communications, including preparation for participation in international events.
- Participation in exhibitions, seminars, conferences, symposia, meetings and other scientific and informational events dedicated to the issues of info-communications.
- Interaction with international associations and organizations on the development of info-communications.