Telecommunications and ICT
The Telecommunication Operators Board of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications was established by the Decision No. 17/3 of 5 June 1997 of the RCC Board of the Communications Administrations Heads.
In accordance with Decision No. 49/20-12.1 of 15-16 July 2014 of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads and the and the Coordination Council on Informatization, and due to the new tasks and functions of the RCC Telecommunications Operators Board, it was renamed to the RCC Telecommunication and Infocommunication Operators Board (RCC TIOB), succeding the former.
The main activities of the RCC Telecommunication and Infocommunication Operators Board are aimed at fulfilling such tasks as: harmonious development of telecommunication systems and facilities of the Commonwealth of Independent States; improvement of their reliability and survivorship on interstate directions, ensuring information security of interoperable communication networks, introduction of new services and technologies, increasing the effectiveness of telecommunication service quality management, preparation and assistance in implementation of decisions adopted at international forums.
As part of the work of the RCC Telecommunication and Infocommunication Operators Board, the following documents were considered and elaborated:
- Declaration of understanding of the RCC Member-States on the principles of inter-operator settlement rates for mobile services.
- An agreement on the principles of inter-operator mutual settlements for international telecommunication services in the CIS Member-States (including roaming).
- Memorandum on cooperation between RCC telecommunication operators in the field of cybersecurity and protection against fraud on communication networks.
- An agreement on cooperation of the CIS Member-States in the field of information security and possible ways of its implementation.
- Memorandum on cooperation between telecommunication operators of the RCC Member-States in the sphere of fraud prevention on telecommunication networks
- Recommended plan for implementation of IPv6 on the data transmission networks of telecommunication operators while providing Internet access services.
- Recommendations on the usage of IPv6 in the RCC Member-States.
- An agreement on principles of inter-operator mutual settlements when providing international telecommunication services in the CIS Member-States (including roaming).
Within the frameworks of the RCC TIOB, the following groups are currently in operation:
- Working Group on development, management and operation of communication networks,
- Working Group on Information Security of Interoperable Communication Networks,
- Working Group on Satellite Technologies,
- Initiative Working Group on Combating Fraud on Telecommunication Networks (RCC Anti-Fraud WG).
The priority areas of the RCC TIOB are:
- Strategic directions of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications for the period from 2022 to 2026.
- Realisation of decisions of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads, Coordination Council on Informatization and RCC Working Bodies.
- Improvement of cooperation of the RCC Member-States under international agreements and programmes in the area of ICT in the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Cooperation on implementation of ICTs for solving socially important problems: e-government, e-commerce, e-economy, e-education, e-science, e-culture, e-health, etc.
- Development of a coordinated position of the RCC TIOB participants on infocommunication issues in preparation for major international forums.