by the Decision №32-5 of the meeting
of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation
(November 8, 2016, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic)
on the Working Group of the Regional Commonwealth in the Field of Communications
on work with the International Telecommunication Union at the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation
1. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1.1.The working group of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of Communications on work with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU WG) was established in accordance with paragraph 1.16. and clauses 6.1. - 6.9. Provisions on the RCC Commissions and in order to assist in preparing the RCC communications administrations for the Plenipotentiary Conferences (PC), the World Telecommunication Conferences (WTFC), the World Telecommunication Policy Forums (WTPF), the World Telecommunication Development Conferences (WTDC), the World Telecommunication Standardization Assemblies (WTSAs) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), WSIS, ITU Council, Advisory Groups for ITU Telecommunication Standardization and Development Sectors (TSAG and TDAG) and on all issues of ITU activities, except radio issues.
1.2. ITU WG is guided in its activities by:
- The RCC Charter, the Regulation on the RCC Commissions and other documents regulating the activities of the RCC;
- The Regulation on the procedure for the interaction of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications with international and regional organizations in order to prepare for the ITU and UPU forums, approved by the Decision 51/22-19 of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads dated 05.24.2016;
- The Regulation on the implementation of regional initiatives aimed at the development of telecommunications and ICT in the CIS countries and approved by ITU WTDC, approved by the Decision 51/22-19 of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads dated 05.24.2016;
- Decisions of the RCC Board of the CAs Heads;
- Decisions of the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation(CIC), regarding the participation of the RCC CAs in ITU activities, with the exception of radio communications;
- The Constitution and Convention of the ITU;
- International Telecommunication Regulations;
- Final Acts, Resolutions and Decisions of Plenipotentiary Conferences, WCIT, WTDC, WTSA;
- Decisions of the ITU Council;
- ITU-T and ITU-D Recommendations;
- These Regulations.
1.3. The ITU WG in its activities should take into account the recommendations of the ITU Working Groups Boards, TSAG and TDAG, the results of studies of the ITU-T SG and ITU-D.
1.4. The ITU WG is the CIC collegial working body.
1.5. Representatives of communications administrations of countries participating in the RCC may be participants in the ITU WG.
1.6. Participants in the ITU WG may have the status of a full member of the ITU WG, observer or associate member, respectively, of their status on the CIC.
1.7. The composition of the ITU WG can be supplemented/changed based on the proposals of the communications administrations of the RCC member countries sent simultaneously to the Chairman of the ITU WG and the RCC Executive Committee.
1.8. The ITU WG may involve experts in its work as experts and consultants.
1.9. ITU WG reports to the CIC.
2. PRIORITY DIRECTIONS
KEY TASKS AND FUNCTIONS
2.1. ITU WG Priority Areas:
- preparation and promotion of agreed positions, regional initiatives of the RCC, reflecting the interests of the RCC participating countries, in international forums;
- interaction on the development of international standards, certification and licensing in the field of information communication technologies (ICT), promoting the harmonization of national systems of standards and certification in the field of ICT in the RCC Member-States with the international system of standards and certification in this area, as well as coordination of work on service quality management
2.2. The main task of the ITU WG is to assist RCC Members in the following areas:
- consideration of materials from ITU conferences and assemblies, the ITU Council and its working groups, as well as TSAG and TDAG, reports of representatives of RCC CAs elected to senior positions in the ITU-T Board and its Working Groups, TSAG and TDAG, as well as ITU- T and ITU-D Study Groups;
- analysis of materials from other international and regional organizations on WTSA agenda items;
- development of a draft position for the RCC CAs contributions on agenda items for PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC, WSIS and WTSA;
- development of a draft position for the RCC CAs contributions on the agenda items of the PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC and WTSA and, if necessary, joint contributions to the ITU Council and its working groups, TSAG and TDAG;
- development of draft General proposals of the RCC CAs on the work of the PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC, WSIS and WTSA;
- preparation of additional materials that may be necessary for RCC CAs during the preparation for PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC, WSIS and WTSA, the ITU Council and its working groups;
- interaction with regional organizations in preparation for the PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC and WTSA, the ITU Council and its working groups;
- preparation of draft legal instruments governing the RCC on issues of international cooperation with ITU and other regional organizations in the field of telecommunications/ICTs;
- preparation of draft proposals for the interaction of the RCC CAs in the implementation of various international projects for the development of electric communications conducted by ITU, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the EU and major foreign companies, together with the RCC Council of Operators;
- preparation of draft proposals for the interaction of the RCC CAs in the implementation of various international projects within the competence of the ITU WG.
2.3. The main functions of the ITU WG are:
- consideration and preparation of joint proposals on the implementation of the RCC CAs a coordinated policy in the implementation of international activities;
- participation in the coordination of candidacies for posts in the ITU-R working bodies and for posts in the leadership of the WRC and the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is carried out by the RCC Commission on PSD and JI;
- participation in the coordination of RCC CAs preparation plans for PC, WCIT, WTDC and WTSA;
- interaction with the RCC Council of Telecommunications and Infocommunication Operators and the RCC Infocommunication Commission in the preparation of the RCC CA General Proposals on the work of the PC, WCIT, WTPF, WTDC, WSIS and WTSA.
3. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
3.3. ITU WG Chairman has the right:
3.3.1. submit proposals for consideration and approval by the CCM on issues within the competence of the ITU WG;
3.3.2. to formulate requests to the RCC Executive Committee to obtain the information necessary for the performance of its functions by the ITU WG;
3.3.3. in coordination with the leadership of the CCM, interact with representatives of ITU-T, ITU-D.
3.4. The Chairperson of the ITU WG is required to:
3.4.1. organize meetings of the ITU WG;
3.4.2. approve the accepted documents;
3.4.3. represent the ITU WG on the CCM;
3.4.4. submit for approval by the CCM proposals developed by the ITU WG;
3.4.5. to inform the RCC Working Bodies, as well as, on the proposal of the CCM, other bodies and organizations regarding the activities of the ITU WG;
3.5. ITU WG Member has the right:
3.5.1. participate in the discussion and resolution of all issues falling within the competence of the ITU WG;
3.5.2. make suggestions on the formation of the agenda of the ITU WG and make presentations/reports on them;
3.5.3. to propose, elect and be elected as Chair of the ITU WG.
3.6. A member of the ITU WG is required to:
3.6.1. comply with the requirements of this Regulation;
3.6.2. respect the rights and legitimate interests of participants in meetings;
3.6.3. take an active part in the work of the ITU WG;
3.6.4. to maintain the authority and unity of the ITU WG;
3.6.5. to summarize the opinions of the ITU WG members and report on the results of the work done to the Chairman of the ITU WG no later than 5 working days before the next meeting of the ITU WG, in case of appointment as the responsible executive (coordinator) for a separate direction of the ITU WG.
4. WORKING ORGANIZATION
4.1. The ITU WG is led by a Chairperson who organizes the work of the ITU WG. The Chairperson is elected at a meeting of the ITU WG from among the members of the ITU WG, as a rule, for a term of four years, taking into account the timing of the ITU SC and approved by the CCM Decision. The Chairperson of the ITU WG may have alternates elected from the ITU WG.
4.2. The organization of the preparation and conduct of meetings of the ITU WG is carried out by the Chairman of the ITU WG, as well as the RCC Executive Committee upon the appeal of the Chairman of the ITU WG.
4.3. ITU WG meetings are held at least twice a year.
4.4. Meetings of the ITU WG can be held in person, by correspondence, as well as using video conferencing.
4.5. All issues proposed for consideration within the competence of the ITU WG are subject to mandatory review at a meeting of the ITU WG.
4.6. Not later than 5 working days before the meeting, all members of the ITU WG are notified of the issues to be discussed at the meeting.
4.7. During a meeting of the ITU WG by correspondence, the Chairman of the ITU WG distributes materials to the ITU WG members and observers in accordance with the agenda, as well as sets the start date and dates for the discussion and voting. The indicated dates may not be less than 10 and more than 20 working days.
4.8. The right to vote at meetings of the ITU WG is granted only to full members of the ITU WG.
4.9. Decisions of the ITU WG are adopted by a majority vote of the members of the ITU WG.
4.10. In the event of a tie, the vote of the Chairperson of the ITU WG is decisive.
4.11. If there is no good reason for a member of the ITU WG at the meeting, he has the right to bring his opinion on the issues considered at the meeting directly during the meeting to the Chairman of the ITU WG in any way possible for him. The specified opinion is taken into account in the general vote count for decision-making.
4.12. The opinions of the members of the ITU WG informed about the issues discussed at the meeting but not participating in the meeting and not reporting their views to the Chairman of the ITU WG during the meeting are not taken into account for decision-making.
4.13. The interaction between the members of the ITU WG on the activities of the ITU WG is carried out through the use of electronic communications.
4.14. In certain areas of work of the ITU WG, responsible executives (coordinators) are appointed.
4.15. Decisions of the ITU WG are documented in a protocol signed by the Chairperson of the ITU WG.
4.16. The organizational and technical support of the ITU WG is carried out by the Chairman of the ITU WG in collaboration with the RCC Executive Committee.