On the 4th of September 2023 in St. Petersburg, the 24th meeting of the RCC Commission on Regulation of the Usage of the Radio Frequency Spectrum and Satellite Orbits (RCC Commission on RFS and SO) and its working bodies (WG RA/WRC, WG RFS, WG RB, WG DTB) was opened in a hybrid format.
Valery Butenko, Chairman of the RCC Commission on RFS and SO, opened the meeting.
Welcoming remarks were delivered by:
- Denis Lyashenkov, Deputy Director of the Department of State Regulation of the Telecommunications Market of the Ministry of Telecommunications of the Russian Federation,
- Mario Maniewicz, Director of the ITU Radiocommunication Bureau,
- Al Ramsey Mohamed Abdelrahim, Deputy Director General for the Telecommunications Sector of the UAE State Regulatory Authority for Telecommunications and Digital Technologies,
- Nurudin Mukhitdinov, General-Director of the RCC Executive Committee.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the communications administrations of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russian Federation, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as representatives of the ITU, Intersputnik, International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 (IARU-R1), Inmarsat, CEPT, GSMA, UAE State Regulatory Authority for Telecommunications and Digital Technologies, Huawei, Policy Impact Partners (PIP) and the RCC Executive Committee.
The meeting considered the following issues:
- On the decisions of the 23rd meeting of the RCC Commission on RFS and SO and the main tasks of the 24th meeting of the Commission;
- Preparation for the WRC-23 and RA-23 in regional telecommunication organisations.
The Commission also held a Forum on the development of fifth generation mobile communication networks in the RCC region. The forum was moderated by Sergey Pastukh, Deputy Director of NIIR Research and Development Centre.
The presentations were made by:
- Olga Ramina, Director of Radio Access Network Development, PJSC VimpelCom;
- Konstantin Zudin, Director for Regulatory Affairs, PJSC VimpelCom.
- Vladimir Valkovich, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Technical Block, PJSC VimpelCom;
- Alexander Pastukh, Head of Laboratory, FGBU NIIR.
The work of the Working bodies of the Commission will continue in the period from 5-8 of September, 2023. The closing of the meeting of the RCC Commission on RFS and SO will take place on September 8th, 2023.