The first meeting of members of the CIS Youth Group (GC-CIS) was held on March 4, 2021 in the format of video conferencing.
The CIS Youth Group is an initiative created to provide young people from the CIS region with an opportunity to discuss the prospects and challenges associated with the development of information and communication technologies.
The meeting was opened with a welcoming speech by the Director of the Regional Office of the International Telecommunication Union for the CIS Region, Natalia Vyacheslavovna Mochu.
The meeting was attended by young representatives from the following countries: the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan and Ukraine.
On behalf of the RCC Executive Committee, the meeting was attended by the leading specialist of the Sector for work with the CIS and digital development Marufov Sirozhidin.
The agenda of the above meeting included the following issues:
- Greetings and short presentation on the activities of the Youth Group of the CIS countries;
- Representation of GC-CIS participants;
- Main presentation on ITU activities, ITU priority areas of work globally and in the CIS Region;
- Presentation and discussion of the work plan with the GC-CIS participants: events, deadlines, tasks and the proposed work format;
- Selection of 3 priority areas for the discussion of the GC-CIS;
- End of the meeting.
At the end of the Generation Connect meeting, the Youth Group of the CIS Countries (GC-CIS), Director of the Regional Office of the International Telecommunication Union for the CIS Region Natalia Vyacheslavovna Mochu summed up the results and thanked all the participants of the meeting.