The fourth meeting of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunication Community (APT) Preparatory Group for the ITU World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2020 (WTSA-20) is being held November 16-20, 2020 via videoconference.
The event was attended by over 200 representatives of APT members, regional and international telecommunication organizations.
The meeting was opened by the Chairman of the Plenary Session Yoichi Maeda, the Director of the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Chaesub Lee addressed the participants with a welcoming speech.
Representatives of the Communications Administrations of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Russian Federation, as well as the leadership of the RCC Executive Committee, took part in the 4th meeting of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunication Community for WTSA-20.
The Chairman of the Working Group on work with ITU under the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation Minkin Vladimir Markovich made a report on the draft RCC General Proposals to WTSA-20.
The agenda of the above meeting included the following issues:
1. Summary of the 3rd meeting of the ART Preparatory Group for WTSA-20;
2. Officials of ART VASE-20;
3. Preparation for WTSA-20 ITU by other international and regional organizations;
4. Report of the working groups;
5. Consideration of documents submitted to the plenary meeting;
6. Discussion in working groups;
7. Consideration of output documents:
- Reports of working groups;
- APT Preliminary Common Proposals (PACPs).
8. Plan and schedule of work of ART WTSA-20;
9. Nomination of Lead Countries / Supporting Countries of the APT Common Proposal (ACP):
- WTSA-20 candidates and officials;
- ART coordination meetings during WTSA-20.
At the same time, the work in the ITU Regional Organizations on the preparation and holding of the Regional Preparatory Meetings for the ITU World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2020 will continue.