July 24, 2020, via Videoconference
The 1st meeting of the Asia-Pacific Telecommunication Community (APT) Preparatory Group for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21) was held via Zoom videoconferencing.
The purpose of the 1st meeting was to initiate the preparation process for APT for the ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21).
At the 1st ART preparatory meeting for WTDC-21:
- elected the chairman and vice-chairmen of the preparatory group;
- the composition of the preparatory group has been formed;
- other officials of the preparatory group have been appointed in accordance with its structure;
- working methods and work plan for preparation for WTDC-21 developed;
- issues related to WTDC-21 were preliminary discussed.
The meeting was attended by over 100 people.
Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union, addressed the participants with a welcoming speech.
Representatives of the Communications Administrations of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Russian Federation and the leadership of the RCC Executive Committee took part from the Regional Commonwealth in the field of Communications.
The Chairman of the Working Group on work with ITU under the RCC Commission for the Coordination of International Cooperation Minkin Vladimir Markovich made a report on the draft RCC General Proposals for the WTDC-21.